Fabricated Plastics Ltd- A Division of Ershigs, Inc. is a diverse plastics engineering, custom fabricator and marketing company serving customers around the world. We seek an enthusiastic, self-starting, reliable individual to work in our manufacturing facility in our Maintenance Department Maple, ON. This position would be full-time, day/night shift, Monday - Friday, with occasional overtime.
We offer a competitive salary, and benefits package including RRSP and profit sharing.
Performs electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic maintenance on shop tools and vehicles.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 YEARS ELECTRICAL WORK EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR HIRE.
I. Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
1. Replaces or repairs equipment and/or component parts beyond skill level of production workers.
2. Inspects plant equipment and analyzes maintenance needs.
3. Troubleshoots and suggests improvements that can be made to equipment to reduce downtime or increase reliability and safety.
4. Performs or subcontracts electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and mechanical maintenance on plant equipment.
5. Performs maintenance on plant vehicles (forklifts and mobile crane)
6. Performs or schedules maintenance on licensed trucks.
7. Performs quarterly tool and cord inspections
8. Performs or assists in yearly crane and hoist inspection
9. Maintains maintenance equipment logs.
10. Performs maintenance on chopper guns when beyond the skill level of operator.
11. Requisitions spare parts and repair parts.
12. Participates in safety meetings
13. Plans and participates in preventative maintenance programs.
14. Recommends to Management building maintenance expenditures that may require Capital expenditures.
15. Participates in the safety and good housekeeping programs as established within the plant..
16. Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to wet and or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work is usually moderate.
Please respond to this posting with a cover letter and resume to apply or stop by the office and pick up an application. Note that we are a plastics manufacturing facility and those with sensitivity to strong smell should stop by and apply in person.
Fabricated Plastics Ltd welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and union membership will be expected upon hire.